Wednesday, September 7, 2011

prayers and froot loops...

Happy Wednesday... and boy am I glad it is! Woo-these kids have me tiiiiired this week for some reason. I spent my awesome 3 day weekend with the bestie taking 6 month pictures of her sweet baby boy, Issac! He is too dosh-garn cute for words... don't cha agree?!? :)

Anywhoo--If you are the praying kind {and even if you're not} PLEASE send some prayers up for some RAIN! and the people here in Texas who are losing their homes and everything they know to these crazy wildfires that are breaking out. The other day 22 fires started and there have been so many people whose lives have been turned upright because it's too dang hot here. We're not even allowed to park on the grass anymore for fear of starting a fire in the grass. In my town there have been at least 7-8 families who have lost their homes. In a town called Bastrop (about an hour and a half) over 300 people have lost their homes to the biggest wildfire in Texas HISTORY! God bless those sweet people. I couldn't imagine... anyway, we're gonna be writing to our volunteer firemen tomorrow to thank them for all their hard work and for being heroes in our community. With no rain in sight for at least 10 days and temps heading back up to the 100s, it looks like they're still in for the long haul.

Wanna leave ya with a little mid-week pick me up for 1-to-1 correspondence... my favorite way to teach math-- with FOOD! :)  *edit: just realized that I spelled Fruit Loops wrong in the title... if that bothers ya, shoot me an email at kristanp03@gmail.com and I will spell it FROOT Loops in the title for ya!
Don't forget those prayers... they are heard and desperately needed! Thanks y'all! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment