Tuesday, August 30, 2011

learned a new trick :)

Hey Blog land... I have a few things that I wanted to share that I've made over the past few weeks. I have modified some ideas that I found from some blogs out there. The first thing I wanted to share with you was inspired by Cara's clip chart system she made over at the the first grade parade. She has a precious Hollywood theme and her chart looks ah-may-zing for her room. Our theme this year is 'Going for the Gold' at our school, so I wanted a chart that matched our theme. Thus, I created this (mine looks a little different. I added texture on my bgrounds and they kept showing up in a square box when I tried uploading them to google docs to share with y'all):


To go along with the clip chart, we use this rewards binder. After the kids earn five 'Olympic Gold Medalist' or {outstanding} they can pick a reward from our Rewards Book--and I can not for the life of me remember where I found this idea. :( The book and some of its rewards are below. I reeeeallly like this system better then giving them something that will more than likely satisfy their interest for a few hours and then is forgotten. And not to mention, I don't have to pay a penny for any of the rewards! BONUS! :)

Hopefully the links work and everything is smooth for downloading/viewing. It's my first time uploading things... so please be patient with me if they don't work! :) Will try to post a go-fish numbers game and recording sheet later this week that I made for our math tubs. And possibly some pictures of my classroom--tried to take them today but my bestie (who sadly moved grades on me this year to 3rd) swung by my room and was ready to leave, so I didn't get a chance to take pics. What can I say? I miss talking with her :/

Happy Tuesday! Home stretch after tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment